Make your selection :
- Sewing ideas
POLAR FLEECE SCARF WITH DECORATIVE STITCHIN
- Polar fleece fabric in two different colours; each piece 25cm x 150cm wide
- Decorative overlocker thread (ribbon type, colour/s to match the fabrics)
Instructions: (diagramme shows a blue-grey scarf)
- Cut out three strips of grey polar fleece measuring 6cm wide and 150cm long.
- Cut out three more 150cm long strips of blue polar fleece measuring 6cm wide in the centre, and 7cm wide at each end (you should obtain three slightly flared strips).
- Pin the strips together, alternating the two different colours. Taking your overlocker, select a 3-thread stitch, and thread the machine using decorative thread/s in the two loopers and ordinary thread in the needle.
- Sew the six strips together, varying thread colours if desired. When finished, tidy up the length at the ends if necessary.
- Overlock both ends of your scarf using the same 3-thread stitch, taking care when stitching over the seams.
- Your finished scarf should measure around 150 x 29cm.